I hoped I was going to enjoy a book that was well plotted and full of nonstop wit and humour, and I was not disappointed. There are so many clever lines like “The man gave Dodger a cursory glance that had quite a lot of curse in it…” and when a knife is at his throat “Not one muscle had moved anywhere on the body of Dodger, if you didn’t count the sphincter.” I am always impressed how cleverly Terry Pratchett writes, he can encapsulate an idea in a few well chosen words and make it funny at the same time.
Great characters, lots of excellent dialogue and plenty of action to keep the tale going - what more could you ask for in a book? And yes this is found in the teen section but don’t miss it because of this - a great read.
Title: Dodger
Author: Terry Pratchett
ISBN: 9780753191514
Published: 2012
Publisher: Doubleday
- Anita, Blockhouse Bay Library








0 comments
Posts a comment