Thursday, May 15, 2014

Get crafty: Duct Tape Boots

As soon as I heard the phrase “Duct Tape Boots”, I knew I needed a pair in my life. Finally, a fancy-dress event gave me the excuse I needed to get my craft on.

So, I
·         found a “recipe” online
·         located the perfect duct tape at Bunnings
·         employed a little crafty magic

And wham bam, here’s what I created. (The attached moustache is definitely optional, mine somehow relocated from my top lip to my boot!*)


Duct tape is a very cool craft medium. On a recent trip to America, I discovered this beautiful display (below) and restrained myself – just. If you’re good at that whole patience thing, and unlike me can wait longer than five minutes to get started, there’s a huge selection of the patterned stuff on TradeMe.


Inspired to try your hand at a duct tape wallet, mobile phone holder, some jewellery, or maybe even a vase? The library has an awesome selection of books to provide some inspiration.

Good luck and may your duct tape be forever sticky!

*a virtual prize if you can guess who I was dressed as.

1 comments

  1. I would like a photo of the whole outfit please... I'm thinking... Hulk Hogan?

    ReplyDelete

Posts a comment

 
© Teen
Designed by Blog Thiết Kế
Back to top