Wednesday, January 15, 2014

It's all about John Green

Over the summer holidays I read Looking for Alaska by John Green. I had been meaning to read it for years, ever since my trusty librarian friend recommended it to me. When I finally got around to putting a hold on it at Auckland Libraries, the queue for the book was in the hundreds!! Luckily it came available for me just as the summer holidays rolled around.

I really enjoyed Looking for Alaska. It reminded me of one of my most favourite books, The Perks of Being a Wallflower ! I have read that book about a million times. And I will read it again and again. I think it is beautiful and inspiring. My copy has got underlined bits and little notes; I have gone through the book and attempted to read all the books, watch all the movies, and listen to all the music that the main character discovers. The book has become a part of my life!

Looking for Alaska had that same quality about it; the characters in the book are all outcasts and misfits; they are each others everything and they pull you into their circle too.

Recently they made a film of the Perks of Being a Wallflower, which I actually thoroughly enjoyed!


There is a John Green novel film coming out in June too! V. excited about it. 
 

0 comments

Posts a comment

 
© Teen
Designed by Blog Thiết Kế
Back to top