Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My favourite books ever/ my last teen post

I’m sad to announce this is my last post for the Auckland Libraries teen blog as I’m leaving Auckland to be closer to my whanau in Taranaki - a LOT closer as I’m moving back in with my parents on their farm near a town called Inglewood! o.O

I’ve worked at Botany Library for one year and four months, and one of my favourite parts of my job was running our teen book club and writing reviews and posts for this blog. I love sharing the awesome things we have at Auckland Libraries (and with 3.5 million items, we have a lot of awesome things!)   So, as this is my very last chance to influence all your reading/ viewing / listening adventures, here are a few of my favourite books/things, the ones that I borrow over and over. Obviously I’m a bit biased, but I think they all have awesome plots, characters and all round awesomeness. - Anna D from Botany    Honourable mentions:
  • Harry Potter (obviously)
  • Princess Bride (I wrote about it in my very first review)
  • and the dystopian sci-fi Ready Player One


  • 5. When We Wake by Karen Healey
    This is a new favourite. Dystopian, climate change, sci-fi, teen angst, escaping the government, girls doing awesome things.

    4. Into the Wild Nerd Yonder by Julie Halpern
    Geekiness, dungeons and dragons, fashion, girls doing awesome things like being themselves and not mindless sheep.

    3. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
    WAAAAY better than the movie. Magic, Fairytale worlds, Trolls, Giants, Girls doing awesome things.

    2. Robin Hood (DVD)
    What’s not to love about cartoon animals doing awesome things. Bad guys, good guys, excellent music, medieval awesomeness. Love conquers all! A pox on the phoney king of England!

    1. Protector of the Small quartet by Tamora Pierce
    (Also EVERYTHING ELSE she has written). Magical medieval worlds, knights, quests, teen angst, girls doing awesome things.







    0 comments

    Posts a comment

     
    © Teen
    Designed by Blog Thiết Kế
    Back to top