Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Recommendation: 'Decked with Holly' by Marni Bates

Decked with Holly by Marni Bates

Christmas is coming! I like Christmas A LOT. I like the food, I like presents, I like Christmas carols, I (mostly) like hanging out with my whanau. I also like to read girly novels. And so, a light girly read with a Christmassy theme is definitely awesome in my book!

Holly is spending Christmas on a cruise with her awful cousins. She has an unfortunate evening of sea-sickness where she stumbles into an open suite to find a bathroom, gets pepper sprayed by the guy who lives there and ends up spending the night being queasy on his couch. It turns out the guy is Dominic, the drummer from ReadySet, the hottest band in the world ever! Rumours start circulating about their ‘relationship’ and Dominic convinces Holly to pretend to be his girlfriend so the band can protect their nice-guy image. Drama ensues.

I enjoyed this book; it’s an easy read with a cute plot. My only issue is that Holly didn’t recognise Dominic to start with, when he is from her favourite band. If you stumbled into the hotel room of a guy/girl from your favourite band (One Direction for example,) I’m pretty sure you would recognise them even if you were feeling sick. That aside, there are cool characters, and hey, who hasn’t had a daydream where a rich and famous person falls in love with us? Decked with Holly is perfect if you are in the mood for a book on the beach, or as a break during study.

- Anna D.

0 comments

Posts a comment

 
© Teen
Designed by Blog Thiết Kế
Back to top