Saturday, December 24, 2011

5 reasons I want to read 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Kat's sister is chosen by lottery, Kat steps up to go in her place.

Everywhere I go everybody keeps telling me that The Hunger Games was ten kinds of awesome. And everytime they tell me that...I can only say, "Oh." I've never read it and, up until two or three weeks ago, I didn't really want to. Not to be mean. It's just that I have LOTS of books out all the time, and would need a really good reason to push one to the top of the pile. The other month I went to see Breaking Dawn the movie and saw the trailer for The Hunger Games AND LOVED IT. Suddenly, guess what? I now have five good reasons to read the book :)

And here they are...

5. It's not Twilight. I'm mad keen to move on from sparkly vampires and t-shirt ripping werewolves >.<

4. They have a line of Hunger Games nail polishes and I WANT THEM! And if I can't have them I'll settle for Effie Trinket's awesome eyelashes - tree branches with butterflies. Awww :)

3. There's action AND there's romance! I like romance books. I ADORE a happy-ever-after ending. Who doesn't, right? It makes you feel good when a book ends well and, call me odd, but I love it if there's plenty of action, too.

2. Strong female character! Katniss (strange name) is not Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty. She isn't sitting around waiting to be rescued or saved. Katniss is going to save herself.

1. I want to see the movie! And I have this thing where I try to read read books before I see the movies. I don't have many rules, but this is a bi Speaking of the movie, have you seen the trailer? It is FANTASTIC. And if you haven't...here you go (don't say I don't do anything for you).

Have you read Hunger Games? Are you going to see the movie?

- Tosca

0 comments

Posts a comment

 
© Teen
Designed by Blog Thiết Kế
Back to top