Saturday, May 28, 2011

Is it ball season already?

Is it just me, or is May too soon for ball season? Must have something to do with the change in holidays, I guess…

Aimee Ferris has a new book out – Will work for prom dress – and the accompanying blog has photos of authors in their prom-going gear! Check it out here.

They are sooo brave… not sure if I’m up to that. Just checked – none of my ball photos are just me, and I don’t have permission to post my friend’s online. What a shame ;).

I don’t know about you guys, but as a slightly-geeky teen, I wasn’t that sure about the ball and all things ball-related. But I did go, and I had a great group of friends to hang out with.

For those of us who might be a little-teeny-bit anti-ball, here are some quirky / horrific school ball/prom tales:

  • Zombie queen of Newbury High by Amanda Ashby - Mia accidentally turns her class into zombies
  • Someone like you by Sarah Dessen - Halley heads to the prom with her best friend Scarlett – and ends up somewhere very different from your usual after-ball venue
  • Buffy the vampire slayer – the movie. Ah yes, when the vampires invade
  • Carrie by Stephen King - Not recommended for younger readers (ie under 16 years old, or I’ll get in trouble). This is in adult fiction horror for a reason
  • Prom nights from hell by various authors - It’s amazing who’ll turn up for a party
  • Prom and prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg - Pride and prejudice in the modern world, and written for teens
  • The anti-prom by Abby McDonald - Did your ball plans fall apart? Have an anti-ball – like this crew
  • - Annie

    0 comments

    Posts a comment

     
    © Teen
    Designed by Blog Thiết Kế
    Back to top