Thursday, November 25, 2010

Auckland Writers & Readers Festival 2011

Ok - those with an in to English teachers - start nagging now...

Trust me.

Fantasy fans - you will WANT to attend the 2011 AWRF in May next year.

Among the confirmed authors, so far, are:

  • Cassandra Clare - Kees reviewed her latest book a month or so back
  • Margo Lanagan - I heard her speak in Wellington last year. Fab
  • Garth Nix - *sigh* that's all I have to say
  • Brian Falkner - Would those reading The Project please read faster. I'm still waiting for it... impatiently. Please
  • Bernard Beckett - I've heard Bernard speak a couple of times. He's great. And you would so want him as your science teacher. He makes science fun - and make sense (for those of us without a scientific mind)
  • Meg Rosoff - This award-winning author writes brilliantly - whether picture books, or thought-provoking dystopian novels for young adult
  • And - that's only some of the line-up.

    Like I said. Nag your English teachers now. The ticket process is all explained on their hompage.

    Hopefully, I'll see you there!

    - Annie

    0 comments

    Posts a comment

     
    © Teen
    Designed by Blog Thiết Kế
    Back to top